Improve English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Improve English

English learners from all over the world

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hola! This is Nuria

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Nuria

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2006-03-20

Hola! This is Nuria Empty
PostSubject: Hola! This is Nuria   Hola! This is Nuria EmptySat 25 Mar à 4:05

Hola! from Spain.
I'll introduce myself. My name is Nuria, and I'm a 32 year old English-Spanish teacher in La Virgen del Camino, a little town in Leon, Spain, which is part of the French way to Santiago de Compostela ( a way of pilgrimage). I'm really glad that I found this website and met Sebastien -who I think is doing a great job, congratulaions-I like your idea a lot-. I discovered it when I was looking for podcasts to use in my English classes. Teaching English is my vocational profession (although I studied to be something else) and I just love it!. I teach English to students from 2 to 70 years old in a very dinamic way. I work at home, at a kindergarten , and as the official English teacher of my Town Hall I teach basic English to adults.
I always loved the English language and when I was 16 I went to live in the U.S.A. for a year as a foreign exchange student. And right now I'm the host mother of an Australian student. I think it's a great experience to share your everyday life with somebody from another country, and from here I encourage you to do it at some time in your life.
It's wonderful to find such a place like this to chat between friends from all around the world in English, the universal language . I'm delighted to see you can still find good staff on the net.
I hope to get to know all of you a little better and if you have any questions I'll be glad to answer them.
Let's keep in touch. My best wishes, Nuria.
Back to top Go down
sebastien
Admin
sebastien

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: hi nuria   Hola! This is Nuria EmptyFri 31 Mar à 17:43

Thanks for your message.
I hope you will let us share your spanish point of view on the different topics and by the way creating a spanish chronicle in the topic made for it (my country chronicle).i know san sebastian, barcelona and Ibiza : i think it's rather short ! i hope you will help us out to discover the most beautiful laces of Sapin ! what are they for you ? Moreover, I will right now ask our members if they are for or against Corrida ? i will create the question in the topic below . I hope you will say something about it in this topic !
sebastien
Back to top Go down
http://chassibout.info
beatriz

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2006-03-12

PostSubject: nice to meet you   Hola! This is Nuria EmptySat 1 Apr à 1:11

Hi, Nuria!

Welcome to the board. I'm an English teacher too, and proud to say that I although I didn't actually choose this profession it has chosen me in. I'm glad to see that we've got something in common.

Cheers,

Beatriz.
Back to top Go down
Nuria

PostSubject: Re: Hola! This is Nuria   Hola! This is Nuria EmptyMon 3 Apr à 0:20

Hi Beatriz!

It's great to meet another English teacher. I never thought I would eventually become a teacher neither, but now I think I've found my real vocational job in what I do, and I just love it.
I'd like to start a new topic on "Teaching English" where we could share experiences and tips, but I don't know where to post it on the board, if you have any idea you can get it started and I'll follow. It will be useful both for teachers and learners.
So let's keep in touch.

Saludos desde España sunny , Nuria.
Back to top Go down
Mayumi.K

Mayumi.K

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2006-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Hola! This is Nuria   Hola! This is Nuria EmptyWed 5 Apr à 18:17

Hello Nuria,

Nice to meet you. Very Happy

My husband and I was studying Spanish for a while by ourselves. He was OK but everything I studied the previous day went out the window the next day. And I finally gave up.

Actually I am also an English teacher. It would be nice and I'd happy to share the stuff about teaching if I can. Where to post it? "Free topics" might be good, I think. What do you say?
Back to top Go down
http://mayumik.seesaa.net/
masa

masa

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2006-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Hola! This is Nuria   Hola! This is Nuria EmptyWed 5 Apr à 19:02

Hi Nuria!
Nice to meet you, I'm masa from Japan.
The other day when I was reading a newspaper I found a very interesting article about learning English in Spain. There are some English villages (English school) in Spain and students in these villages allow to speak only English and forbid to use of Spanish. Besides teachers are from many countries whose first language is English, so students can talk with different types of English.
Do you know this English village? Let me know!
masa
Back to top Go down
Nuria

PostSubject: Re: Hola! This is Nuria   Hola! This is Nuria EmptyThu 6 Apr à 18:28

Hi everyone and thanks for your replies. It's wonderful to meet people from so many different countries.
For all of you, like Mayumi, interested in learning Spanish, this is a very nice web page that you can use for English, Spanish and also French, my students love it (though we only use the English part), and it may be useful also for the English teachers in this forum:

www.clicknlearn.net here you click "Enter site" and there you choose the language. It's all in flash and has audio for the words and expressions, and you can start from the very beginning. I strongly recommend it.
For Spanish: Click on ESPAÑOL, then on MENU on the upper left corner, and there you can start on Sección 1, with its different topics. If you click on the words, you can listen and repeat them. It makes learning much easier and fun.

To Masa: yes, I've heard about those English towns in Spain, although I've never been there, but it looks like an interesting way of practicing real English without leaving your country. There is also one in Italy, if you're interested check out their web page: www.puebloingles.com

I'm very glad to meet you all. Hope you find the information useful. Talk to you later!
Back to top Go down
beatriz

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2006-03-12

PostSubject: Teaching English   Hola! This is Nuria EmptyFri 7 Apr à 22:28

Hi, Nuria

This Teaching English topic is a great idea. I'll have a look at the forums and try to find an appropriate thread to post on.

I'd like to ask you if you know any interesting websites in which teachers can share lesson plans, ideas and worksheets. I ususally visit this one: http://www.onestopenglish.com
Have you ever visited it? I guess it's run by MacMillan, it's got some great ideas.

Best whishes,

Beatriz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hola! This is Nuria   Hola! This is Nuria Empty

Back to top Go down

Hola! This is Nuria
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Improve English :: Let's Talk About You!-
Jump to: